Monday, December 05, 2005

Welcome

Hi, I'm Max and welcome to my blog.
I know it says in its name that it isn't one, I'll get to that in a minute, but first I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm a physics student at Drexel University, I've worked at the Army Research Lab (ARL) for co-op (think internship if you don't know what a co-op is). I listen to lots of different types of music, mostly of the odd variety, and play upright and electric bass. I'm very opinionated, and like to argue with people, thus my love of the internet. I also play with computers in other ways, and program a little in my spare time. I cook and like good food.
There, me in a paragraph.

So why the name for the blog? Well I think that the term 'blog' has become watered down and meaningless. It is used to describe everything from Slashdot to Paul Graham's essays to whiny livejournals. It is used to describe any place that someone post on the internet (except for forums, but where do forums end and blogs begin?). There are few commonalities among blogs, in terms of format (I wouldn't expect any in content). So when I decided to start putting essays on the internet I figured that I could make fun of the overuse of the term 'blog' and make up a catchy title at the same time.

Expect most posts in the future to be on science, music, or philosophy. I like to dabble though, so who can say just what I'll start putting in here.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

No comments: