Sunday, January 22, 2006

Video addiction

So my roommate has gotten me addicted to the show Stargate SG-1 (not Atlantis yet, but that will come, I'm sure). I have to admit that is why I haven't been blogging.

Anyway, I also saw Richard Dawkin's documentary The Root of all Evil. It was very well done, showing how much of what people believe about religion (especially that it is a moral guide) is either downright false, or extremely dubious. It came in two parts, The first concerned with showing the danger of religious fanaticism, especially in the middle east. The second part was about how religion is passed onto children, and essentially has a warped moral message. The documentary is full of good lines (Dawkins calls god the most unpleasant character in all fiction at one point) and it's certainly shows danger of religion. Of course I'm already convinced of that, but it was a good documentary in any case.

No comments: